FOLLOWING the success of last year’s event, The Concrete Society announces that the third Evolving Concrete seminar will be taking place at the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre on 28 September 2017.
Under the theme of ‘Forming Our Future’ this one-day CPD-accredited seminar, which includes space for exhibitors and optional evening dinner, will present industry experts speaking on a selection of diverse topics.
- Forming our future - is our industry equipped for the challenge?
Chris Dulake, Major Projects Portfolio Director & Global Metros Practice Leader – Mott MacDonald
Chris is a Fellow of both the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Institution of Civil Engineers. With 31 years’ experience Chris has held a number of key engineering positions including Engineering Director for HS2 Phase 1, having moved from the role of Chief Engineer for Crossrail. He joined Mott MacDonald in 2016 and is a strong advocate for efficiency and quality in design and construction.
- The Hinkley Point nuclear power station project
Peter Abel, Chief Materials Engineer – Bylor, a Bouygues TP/Laing O’Rourke JV Dr Sarah Williamson, Technical Director – Bylor, a Bouygues TP/Laing O’Rourke JV
- Ternary cements, specification and characteristics
Dr Colum McCague, Technical Manager – MPA Cement
- Designing steel-fibre reinforced tunnel linings
Sotiris Psomas, Senior Engineering Manager – Underground Professional Services (Morgan Sindall Group)
- Validation of pile-supported slabs design guidelines by experimental large-scale tests
Hendrik Thooft, Global Product Market Manager – Bekaert
- Development of a new admixture to enable consistent concrete quality when using marginal clay-containing sands
Dr Jan Kluegge, Head of Marketing Ready-Mix Europe – BASF
- Evolution of visual and durable concrete; use of controlled permeable formwork on a major public building
Trevor Larkin, Head of Business Development – Max Frank
- Developments in Precast Concrete Solutions for Modern Living
Terry Rosbotham, Technical Manager – Creagh Concrete Products
Plus the following topics with speakers to be confirmed:
- An update on what Brexit means to the construction industry
- An architect’s perspective of concrete.
The programme is provisional and may be subject to change.
Please visit www.evolving-concrete.org for more information.