The Institute of Quarrying outlines its Coronavirus contingency plans and it's support for members.In light of the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, we wanted to let you know about some of the ways we are supporting our members during these challenging times.
Our priority as an institution is the health and wellbeing of our staff, their families and our members. We have a comprehensive plan in place to ensure that we remain open for business, subject to instruction from the government.
We are closely monitoring advice from the UK government and World Health Organization and will keep you updated as our position changes.
Support for Members
- Whilst the current situation means that planned face-to-face meetings and events will face disruption, IQ members can still access a wealth of advice and information through factsheets, films and webinars.
- Tools are also in place that can facilitate virtual meetings and events to enable members to continue to share guidance and best practice with each other. If you want to take advantage of these, contact us.
- For members that may encounter difficulties as a result of the virus, additional assistance may be available through the IQ Benevolent Fund.
- IQ can continue to provide services to members as business systems can be operated remotely and staff are easily contactable when working remotely.
- External meetings are being replaced with telephone or video conferencing.
- We remain flexible so we can adapt to the situation and intend to continue to follow government and medical advice.
Useful Links to official government, health and medical advice
Stay safe and well. Keep checking our website for regular updates along with our member emails. We will also post regular updates on our social media channels. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
Thank you for your continuing support.