The South & Wales regional shortlist for the Institute of Quarrying (IQ) Excellence Awards have been revealed today.
Individuals, teams and projects from across the mineral products industry in the South of England and Wales will be celebrated at the regional awards ceremony on Saturday 30 November 2019 at Cardiff Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane, Cardiff.
Recognising the commitment to continuing professional development, the inaugural IQ Awards categories are aligned to the different quadrants of the IQ Skills Wheel.
STANDARDS & PROFESSIONALISM
Best Personal Development Project
- Philip Brain Associates Ltd - EMPI Awards
- Chepstow Plant International - Project Fusion
Health & Safety Individual Excellence
- Mary Carter, Director at ELC Vocational Assessment & Safety
- Paul Joel, Head of Technical Services at Tarmac
KNOWLEDGE & INNOVATION
Most Effective Process Improvement
- AcePlant and Paul Chapman & Sons Ltd - Bucket Bundie Store Project
- Smiths Bletchington – Static Plant Remote Monitoring Project
Most Innovative Leader
- Philip Brain, Philip Brain Associates Ltd
- Ben Strickland, Quarry Manager at Smiths Bletchington
ENGAGEMENT, INFLUENCE & IMPACT
Best Community Engagement Project
- Raymond Brown Quarry Products Ltd - Raymond Brown Community Matters Initiative
- Hanson UK - Tice’s Meadow
Most Inspirational Leader
- Robert Westell, Estates and Planning Director at Raymond Brown Quarry Products Ltd
- Emily Burridge, Technical Production Manager at Hanson UK
Best Initiative to Engage Workforce or Team
- Influential Management Ltd - The Interesting Health & Safety Podcast
- Gower Plant Hire Ltd – Upskilling a Small Family Business
Most Promising Future Leader
- Victoria Harrison, Weighbridge Supervisor at CCP Building Products Ltd
- Daniel Jones, Aggregate Section Leader at Tarmac
Sarah Fry, Head of Membership and Marketing at IQ, says: “There has been a lot of excitement surrounding the IQ Excellence Awards with two out of four regional ceremonies already taken place. It’s great to come together as an industry and give recognition to the many fantastic quarrying professionals, teams and projects. We’ll soon have all of our regional winners revealed and then it will be all eyes on the National IQ Awards at Hillhead 2020.”
The IQ Excellence Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements in the mineral products sector across regions in the UK with award presentations taking place in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England. Each regional award winner automatically goes forward to the national excellence awards to compete for the overall national title in each category, which will take place at Hillhead 2020.
Follow #IQAwards on social.