Membership that evolves as you do
IQ is there for you from your first job in the industry
Anyone working in the quarrying or mineral products industry can benefit from IQ membership. Being an IQ member means:
- Support for you at all stages of your career
- Taking ownership of your own learning and development goals
- Actively participating in the development and promotion of industry standards
- Being part of a global community of professionals committed to sharing knowledge and best practice
Membership of the Institute of Quarrying is about supporting you and your commitment to the quarrying and the minerals products industry. Our membership structure allows you to grow as your experience in the industry grows.
Student Membership: Ideal for anyone studying geoscience or engineering degrees and considering the minerals products sector as a career option.
Associate Membership: For anyone working in the industry but hasn’t yet got any formal industry qualifications.
Technical Member: For anyone with a technical skill or expertise that has been underpinned by a technical qualification, for example the Level 3 Diploma in Quarry & Mineral Processing Maintenance Operations and has at least one year’s relevant work experience.
Member: Identifies those people working in supervisory, management or specialist roles that have known industry qualifications, for example the Diploma in Quarry Technology from the University of Derby.
Fellow: Recognises those people that have senior management experience.
How does IQ membership help you?
- At the very heart of IQ is its regional branch network. Run by passionate volunteers, IQ branches organise many events throughout the year to bring people together at a local level to share knowledge and help members to grow their professional networks. Find out what our local branches have been up to and who is involved on our branch news and contacts page.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the foundation of lifelong learning and a successful career. CPD is more than formal training because it includes the informal learning we all do as part of our daily jobs - from reading trade journals and listening to webinars through to attending conferences and mentoring. IQ members regularly record their CPD to show their progress and we provide advice and tools to help.
- As well as advising on how to access and record CPD, we also provide members with plenty of valuable CPD and networking opportunities. This could be through direct involvement with IQ at local branch level, our governance structures or any member-led initiatives that we support. In addition there are factsheets, webinars and films free to access on a range of relevant industry topics as well as local and national events that as a member, can be easily accessed through our dedicated member portal, the IQ Connect mobile app.
- You can further enhance your knowledge through our highly regarded industry text books available to purchase through our online shop. Along with important publications, you can also demonstrate your involvement with IQ through a range of branded promotional merchandise and clothing - items that can help you to demonstrate to others your commitment to professional standards. Check out whats available at Shop at IQ.
- Being an IQ member also provides additional support for you and your family should you need it. The IQ Benevolent Fund is there to help people when their circumstances are challenging. The fund is available for all members, past and present. Find out more about IQBF.
Benefits and fees for each membership grade
|Member Grade||Student||Associate||Technical Member||Member||Fellow|
|Monthly Quarry Management magazine||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Our dedicated member app, IQ Connect||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Local and national networking IQ Events||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IQ online shop||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IQ Benevolent Fund||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Designatory letters to use on business cards etc||-||-||TMIQ||MIQ||FIQ|
|Ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)||-||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Use of meeting rooms and hot desks||-||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Legal protection insurance||-||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Current Annual Membership Fees|
|First Year Membership (including joining fee)||£22.00||£182.00||£182.00||£182.00||£182.00|
|Annual Membership Renewal||£22.00||£112.00||£114.00||£160.00||£170.00|
How do I become an IQ Member?
Joining the IQ means joining a global community of like-minded professionals. Becoming an IQ member is a really straightforward process.