These Terms & Conditions explain how you can use our App and related channels.
This service is operated by IQ. Please send all correspondence to email@example.com
- If you do not accept these Terms please do not access and/or use the Services.
- IQ may update these Terms at any time. Please review the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued access to and/or use of our Services after changes have been made to the Terms indicates your agreement to be legally bound by the updated and/or amended Terms.
USE OF OUR SERVICES
- You agree to use our Services for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit any person’s use and enjoyment of our Services and in compliance at all times with these Terms and with all laws and regulations that apply.
- In accessing our Services, you agree that you will only access its contents for your own personal and non-commercial use and not for any commercial or other purposes, including advertising or selling any goods or services. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on our Services except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You will need our prior written permission if you want to use any content on our Services for any other reason.
- We make no representation that any of the content on our Services is appropriate or available for use in your country. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of our Services is in compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
USER CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR SERVICES
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE UPLOADING OR OTHERWISE TRANSMITTING ANY CONTENT TO THE APP. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GRANT US THE PERMISSIONS SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE APP.
- We may now or in the future enable users to transmit and/or submit (submit) contributions (including without limitation any text, photographs) to our Services (user Contributions).
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to submit user Contributions, you must comply with the content standards set out in the Code of Conduct. You promise that any user Contribution complies with the Code of Conduct and you will fully reimburse us for any costs arising from breach of your promise.
- You remain the owner of the copyright in any original user Contribution that you submit. By submitting any user Contribution to any of our Services (including without limitation any forum, blog, social network, discussion page, photo album or video uploading facility) and in consideration of us making available to you the opportunity to upload any user Contribution (which you acknowledge as a sufficient benefit to you), you irrevocably and unconditionally grant us free of charge a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable licence of the entire right, title and interest in and to such user Contribution so that we and any successor may use the user Contribution in any way, including without limitation the right to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, reformat, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, transmit, distribute, perform, play, broadcast, commercialise and otherwise make available to the public such user Contribution (whether in whole or in part or copies of the same) in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future for the full period during which such rights subsist (including all renewals, revivals, reversions and extensions of the same) and thereafter to the fullest extent possible in perpetuity.
- The permission you have granted to us is not exclusive and therefore you may continue to use the user Contribution in any way in any medium, including allowing others to use it, provided such use does not interfere with or impair the rights you have granted to us.
- You authorise us to grant and we hereby grant to each user of our Services a non-exclusive licence to view, hear, read, stream, download, link to and otherwise access your user Contributions to our Services through our Services and otherwise to use such user Contributions as permitted through the functionality of our Services and in accordance with these Terms.
- You shall be solely responsible for your user Contributions and the consequences of submitting them to our Services. You promise that:
(a) the user Contribution is your own original work and you own the entire right, title and interest in and to the user Contribution and/or you have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and to authorise us to use any and all intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright) in such user Contribution to enable us to use the user Contribution in the manner contemplated by these Terms;
(b) nothing in the user Contribution is defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening or offensive, incites racial, cultural or religious hatred, impersonates or appears to impersonate any other person, is in contempt of court, violates any law or regulation or encourages conduct that would amount to a criminal offence (including without limitation any conduct that would be considered an offence under the Terrorism Act 2006) or give rise to a civil liability and/or is otherwise objectionable and/or an infringement of any UK or other applicable law or regulation;
(c) you will not collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material, data or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, firm or enterprise, in connection with your user Contribution or in connection with your use of our Services, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person (or their parent or guardian if such other person is under 16), firm or enterprise to do so;
(d) the user Contribution does not contain any virus, corrupt file, cancelbot, worm programme or other malicious code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, nor any adware, spy ware, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information;
(e) you shall not submit any material or perform any actions that result in the transmission of junk email, chain letters, surveys, contests, pyramid selling schemes, duplicative or unsolicited messages or so-called “spamming” and “phishing”; and
(f) we shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use or exploitation of any user Contribution.
- You hereby waive all moral rights or similar rights now existing or created in the future in any part of the world in respect of any user Contribution and grant to us the non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide right to use any name, user name, screen name, likeness, photograph, signature and/or biographical material submitted to us by you.
- You shall, and will procure that any necessary third parties shall, do all such further acts and execute and deliver all such other documents as may be reasonably requested by us to confirm the licences and rights granted under these Terms.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION ON OUR SERVICES
- Information published via our Services is intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We do not warrant that any Materials are accurate or free from error and we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any content on our Services by you or by anyone who may be informed of any of the contents of our Services.
- We aim to update our Services regularly and may change the content at any time. We may suspend access to our Services, or close them indefinitely at any time at our sole discretion. The Materials may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update them.
WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMER
- Our Services are provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other Terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with our Services and your use of our Services (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy).
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in any Materials on our Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that our Services or the servers that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary loss or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising from, out of or in connection with the use of our Services, including without limitation: (a) injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of any statement, including any actual or alleged defamatory statement; (b) losses suffered by any third party, including infringement of any intellectual property or privacy rights; (c) loss of data; (d) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (e) loss of business or contracts; (f) loss of opportunity; (g) loss of anticipated savings; (h) wasted management or office time; or (i) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable laws or regulations.
- We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our control.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- You must not misuse our Services by introducing, transmitting or arranging the sending of any viruses, corrupt file, cancelbot, Trojan horse, worm, time or logic bomb, keystroke logger, spyware, adware or other material designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Services, the servers on which they are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Services. You must not attack our Services via a denial-of-service, distributed denial-of service or other type of attack.
- Any breach of this provision constitutes a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
- we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Services, your downloading of any Materials on our Services or on any materials on any other website linked to it.
LINKS TO AND FROM OUR SERVICES
Linking from our Services
- We have no control over the content or availability of third party sites that you may access through our Services and such links are provided for your information only. If you visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
- We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable (directly or indirectly) for any content, advertising, products, services, views expressed or information on or available from third party websites (including without limitation payment for and delivery of any products or services) or for any damage, loss or offence caused by or in connection with your access to and use of such third party sites and any available services. Any Terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any dealings on any third party sites are solely between you and the relevant provider of that site and/or any relevant service.
Linking to our Services
- You may link to any page of our website without seeking our further written consent PROVIDED THAT you fully comply with these Terms.
- Any links to our Services must be made in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in any way that suggests any form of association, representation, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Links to our Services do not imply that we endorse, are affiliated with or are associated with any linked site or that any linked site is authorised to use any of our trade marks, trade names, brands, logos or copyright symbols or those of any of our affiliates or licensors.
- Links to our Services are not permitted from the following “Excluded websites”:
-websites that incite hatred whether based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or otherwise, or promote encourage or facilitate anti-social behaviour;
-websites that promote, encourage or facilitate violence;
-websites that promote, encourage or facilitate terrorism or other activities that risk UK national security;
-websites that discriminate against any specific social group or otherwise exploit vulnerable sections of society;
-websites that promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
-websites which are misleading, pornographic, defamatory, or that contain illegal, or otherwise actionable content under UK law; or
-websites which infringe individual privacy.
ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
- Parts of or all of the Services may from time to time contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that any materials submitted for inclusion on our Services comply with relevant laws, regulations and codes and these Terms. we shall not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in such advertising or sponsorship materials.
- From time to time certain software which is our protected work or the protected work of our suppliers may be made available to download via our Services. You are licensed to use the software on a non-exclusive basis only for the purposes for which it is indicated. You may not use the software for any other purpose and may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deal with the software.
- YOU MAY NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CHARGE USERS SPECIFICALLY FOR ACCESSING OUR CONTENT OR OTHERWISE COMMERCIALISE SUCH CONTENT, NOR ATTEMPT TO RE-SELL OUR CONTENT IN ANY WAY.
- You may not directly or indirectly change, edit, add to or produce summaries of our Content or any content on our Services nor place any of our Content in an HTML frame-set.
ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and any specific terms appearing elsewhere on our Services relating to specific material (including the Code of Conduct), then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Any disputes arising from or related to our Services shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
IQ (‘IQ’ or ‘we’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our websites and applications (our ‘services’). Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
Types of information we may collect about you
How we look after your information
How we use your information
Sharing your information with others
Your rights and further information
Please note that our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites and apps will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Types of information we may collect about you
When you sign up to our services, such as our mobile applications we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services may ask for different types of information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
Information you give to us: information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use an app or website, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services.
Information about the device you are using: if you download one of our apps we may collect information about the device you use to access the app, including, where available, the device’s unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report statistical information.
Information about your use of our app: We may also collect information about your use of the app such as what pages you look at and what elements you tap or pages you interact with.
Information about your location: when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect information about your actual location but we will always ask you about this first. You can change your mind at any time by updating your preferences on your device.
Information about transactions: if you purchase something from us such as an app, we will make a record of the details of that transaction.
Contact information: if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
How we look after your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (this includes the EU, Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. If you change your registration profile to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of IOQ services, you may do so by contacting us using the details available in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the App or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using/title you have purchased and from IQ by email, post, telephone, SMS or push notification (where applicable and permitted by the app store you use). You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to IQ (email@example.com) including your full name, user name (if applicable), postcode, details of the service you are using. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us.
We may use your details:
to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
to tell you about changes to our service;
to contact you about a submission or contribution you have made to our websites, or apps, including any content you provide;
to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online:
to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
to meet requests for services or information and to process payments and any other requests you make of us;
to keep our records up to date;
to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
Sharing your information with others
Generally, we will only use your information within IQ and our suppliers/partners in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service and advertising that your receive (on both our websites and apps, and third party websites and apps). We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
Your rights and further information
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £15 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.